Christmas morning I added a treat for my bread loving family. Scones!
This recipe is outstanding. I did make some modifications while cooking and have added those comments here. Paleo Table does an amazing job with these recipes, so check them out!!!
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 large eggs [<— ROOM temperature]
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate [I used soy, dairy, and nut free mini chocolate chips] **BTW this is a truck ton of chips .. you could easily do less, but again this is a TREAT.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla. [For liquids I had a pot with a bit of water simmering and placed the mixing bowl on top of it .. and slowly worked together the wet ingredients. coconut oil is not super easy to work with when a solid 😉 Careful the heat!]
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Drop batter in scant 1/4 cupfuls (I used a large cookie scoop), two inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheets. [These don’t spread to much, so no worries on them merging!]
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the scones cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheets.
Makes 16 scones.
They will last about 48 hours before losing their crispness. I only had one last that long… and it still was awesometown!