So, I am not sure why the theme of 2 is occurring, but heck .. who doesn’t like easy cooking for a change!
The other day I found this recipe at PaleoTable, and it rocks. Basically 2 bananas + 1 cup ground almonds (to a meal) w/ 1 tsp of coconut flour = cookies to bake at 350 degrees.
I took things a bit differently, as always .. I am a shopping expert and didn’t actually buy almonds to food process down … So here is what I did (double recipe as your needs / desires require .. this made about 8 cookies for me):
- 1 Banana – mush it in the peel and then toss into bowl (mushing it first makes life SOOO much easier
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (I used Fresh Market)
- About 1/2 – 1 tsp of coconut flour
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of coconut unsweetened flakes
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips
Basically, mix the banana and almond butter .. add a bit of coconut flour… Now you have your base.
You can cook these and rock, or add some coconut flakes and / or chocolate chips…
Oh, I placed them on parchment paper on a grill .. then let them cool off. You want the bottoms to get a little brown and the tops firm. Mine never got crusty on top, but they reheated and were good cold the next day!
Bake and enjoy!