Today was a day I surprised myself. I went to a coffee shop I hadn’t visited in many years. Had a great cup of coffee, enjoyed the creative atmosphere, and felt very productive. Worked out during lunch at CrossFit (outstanding) and then headed north for one more meeting.
As I sat, at my second coffee shop working, I noticed 2 sets of parents arrive with their kids .. but instead of being with each other; they ignored each other. Kids ages were roughly 4 and 7. What ruffled my feathers was seeing these parents having time with their kids, and instead of interacting and playing… the parents played (candy crush .. I checked) while the kids played on a separate iPod. They have taken for granted such an important time and don’t realize it. Don’t take moments of life for granted, don’t.
This only motivated me more, and after picking up some nuts and berries at Fresh Market, I picked Loren up early to hit the park. A glorious time was had .. making a picnic, with a blanket.. swings.. slides .. monkey bars and more.
The evening culminated in the following meal .. excellent and forgiving enough for someone who is juggling a toddler and bedtime.
- 7.5 oz Chilean Sea Bass
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Mango
- 1/3 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- Spaghetti Squash (or another awesome addition)
So I cooked the spaghetti squash the other night, but that was simply (cut in half; de-seed it; dress with coconut oil and a bit of salt/pepper; cook face down at 375 for 40 min + 5-10 face up)…
- Chop Mango & Avocado and add lime w/ cilantro (let sit for a bit)
- Add a bit on top of the sea bass (and roll her around a bit to get covered) – you could also use the Fresh Market Mango Chutney w/ Coconut (not a bad list of ingredients except for the last one)
- To cook the fish:
- I pan sear for 2-3 minutes on each side
- then transfer the same pan and finish by roasting in the oven, for 12-15 minutes at 450, season simply with citrus and black pepper again..
- (I then left it covered on the counter for roughly 12 minutes as I had a chance to read a Jasmin bedtime story)
- While fish is cooking heat your spaghetti squash (oven for 15-20 minutes is fine)
- Finally, plate .. Spaghetti squash then fish, then chutney …
This is a DEFINITE do again for me. Easy, delicious, toddler interrupt tolerant, and the whole meal was <$20.
Happy eating and seize every moment of life..
- /cc d