The last couple of days have been 2 and 3 a day workouts. I am peaking for some training on my upcoming attempt at a 50k race in Lake Tahoe, and the Ironman is only 9 weeks away! As a result, I need to really get lots of good fuel in the body. I have shared my Chilean Sea Bass, and multitude of Salmon experiments – today though it is Trout.
Why Trout – how about it was only $15.99/lb! Besides, I never have tried it so why not. Fresh caught and wild, I am sold.
I decided to bake the fish in the oven wrapped in tin foil – no mess less cleaning, winning after a hard training day!
I recommend preparing the fish and right before you drop it in the oven, turn on the water for your quinoa (each takes roughly the same amount of time, so perfect).
- Trout – filleted and cleaned (I'd recommend 1/2 pound per person)
- 4 slices of lemon per fish
- Coconut oil
- Parsley (fresh is best)
- salt & pepper
- Place trout (skin down open face) on tin foil big enough to wrap it in. Add coconut oil, salt, pepper, parsley, and lemons.
- Wrap up trout so juices don't fall out (edges folded up is easiest), and place in oven at 400 degrees for roughly 15 minutes
- At the same time follow the instructions for your Quinoa (mine was bring to boil and then simmer for 15 minutes + 5 minutes of rest).
- When fish is done, take out of oven, plate the Quinoa + other veggies (I did a small slice of avocado). Then plate fish (remove skin – I need to learn that skill as you can see above 🙂
- I added a touch of more parsley and salt. Enjoy!
I will definitely make this again and if I find any new tips will certainly share.