Things to do:
- Bay of Islands
- “The Grotto” with a window view of the sea
- Loch Ard Gorge – check out each section as there is a series of interesting areas
- 12 Apostles – classic and beautiful
- Gibsons Steps (right after the 12 apostles going east) – a must for those willing to walk down the stairs as the perspective was very pleasant
- Koala Bears! As you head closer to the light house point you’ll see many gum trees, and this is where you will find them. I pulled off the main road and navigated without really a plan and found a dozen plus
Be sure to have some snacks and drinks in the car as there isn’t much to grab on the coast. The total adventure for me was 9am – 6pm. I ended in city center of Melbourne. This was with a lot of stops to take pictures and enjoy.
I grabbed lunch at a cafe that I happened to come across around 1pm and a nice coffee shop later around 4. Just go and enjoy – no plan required other than enjoying yourself!